Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day Two

Drove to Highland Park. Grandpa passed away on New Year's Eve. And Dad slipped on the stairs at night on New Year's day.

Notable songs on the road:
Fixing a Hole, PT Gazell (heard while driving on I-65)
I'm Trying to Break Your Heart (Wilco cover), JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound (driving through downtown Chicago, of course)
Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay, Otis Redding (parking at the funeral home)

Italian restaurant Hole in the Wall at night with Mom and Dad.
Grab one dollar Old Style's with Dan at a bar in the middle of nowhere named Griffs (?) Laura the Bartender bounces around, rest of the clientele possibly on crystal meth.

1 comment:

  1. while wearing socks I slipped twice on the back stairs during my visit. Grabbing the railing saved me both times. I thought to myself that some sort of runner or other traction enhancer should have been installed 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete