Sunday, March 27, 2016

Horace & Pete: Episode 9

Ann:
Well, how am I supposed to make that happen?

Tom:
You can't. Not by looking for it. That's why they call it 'falling in love.' See, you can't fall on purpose. See I, I used to be an actor and I, uh, took a class on falling...trying to make it look like I fell...and [uh] still trying... I must've fallen over about a thousand times. Tryin' to make it look like an accident. And I couldn't do it. So...um...I quit being an actor.

Ann:
Well, that's not any help. I mean...I mean what is a person supposed to do?

Tom:
Well,  you just accept. Just accept the fact that, that love is rare, and it probably won't happen to you. Ever.

Ann:
Is that what you do? You just accept it?

Tom:
No. (laughs to himself) No I, uh, walk around brokenhearted. (Pause) and I, I get drunk. I mean I hate being alone. (Beat) Some day it'll kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment