Tuesday, September 24, 2019

american beauty

The first time I went to England, it was the second day I was there, everybody went and left me alone with a case of retsina.

Suddenly I realized, you know, here I was in London, the city I had always dreamed of going to, and I was very, very happy that I had come home to some psychic place...maybe the home of Robin Hood and Peter Pan. Mind you I had only drank half a bottle of this retsina but it was having the whole case there that was important.

I sat down and wrote, I wrote 'Ripple' and 'To Lay Me Down,' and 'Brokedown Palace.' It was a magic day. I knew I was writing stuff that would live forever (laughs)...

Oh, would those days would come again.
Oh they will, they will, but not for me.

--Robert Hunter 💔🌹💀

No comments:

Post a Comment