Sunday, April 12, 2020

Almodovar in Quarantine Pt. 2

That night, I knew I was going to try to go out the following day; I felt as if I was going to commit a premeditated crime. As if giving yourself to a forbidden pleasure and you cannot do anything to avoid it. So that Tuesday morning I got dressed to go out and I felt like I was doing something exceptional: dressing! It's been 17 days since I last did it, and I've always experienced getting dressed as something intimate and very special.

The morning after the ceremony, I received a phone call at the hotel, a woman's voice. She tells me, as if she were not conscious of its impact, but confident that her voice was going to have an impact on me: 'Hello, it's Madonna, I'm filming Dick Tracy and I would love to show you the set. I'm not filming today and I can dedicate the day to you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment