Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wine

BevMo is having their 5 cent sale so I decided to splurge and grab three different varieties (being that it is summer all white -- a sauvignon blanc, a pinot grigio, a chardonnay) to try them out.
Note: I brought a recent list of the 2012 Gold Medal Winners (Los Angeles Int'l Wine & Spirits Competition) with me, and none of them were included in the 5 cent sale.

Vineyard View Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley, 2010)
"This crisp and fragrant wine showcases the vibrancy of Sauvignon Blanc. Grapefruit and green lime aromas precede flavors that linger long into a clean finish. Enjoy this wine as the perfect choice for any occasion."

Kind of disappointing Maybe it's because I've had some uniquely explosive glasses of Sauvignon Blanc recently (i.e.  Toronto at an Asian fusion restaurant which had sort of spicy kick to it) but this just seems average. Mild, inoffensive. Wouldn't go out of my way to track it down.


1 comment: