Saturday, January 18, 2014

Boxing -- Pascal Vs. Brute. Molson Center, Toronto.

Old school betting. My money in on a boxing match on a Saturday night. Black vs. White. Washed up fighters trying to save their careers so they can get paid for going in the ring one more time.  

I watched, and rooted for all twelve rounds -- completely invested. I rooted for one man to beat the shit out of another.  Pascal made Brute bleed. He punched him. And punched him again. Roy Jones rooting for him in his corner. Round and after round. But no knock out. 

Then in the twelfth round Brute came to life as if he saved it all for the final time, punching the shit out of Pascal. I thought moment Pascal was going down. Finally the bell rang.

I won money watching men hit each other. I'm a man now. A gambler now.

No comments:

Post a Comment