Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Night Before the Oscar Nominations

I noticed this article because I have a future bet that Bruce Dern will win Best Actor at 12:1 odds. So  I have a rooting interest.

With that disclosure, let me say that James Gandolfini's performance in Enough Said has stayed with me long after seeing the movie. He plays a normal guy.  Nothing flashy. -- Neither a sick guy, nor a biopic, or a period piece. Just a guy living day-to-day who your heart wants to end up living a happy life.

I noticed Sarah Paulson as a possible nominee. She played a cold bitch, right? Like what she did in Deadwood for several years. I also saw her in Martha Marcy May Marlene.

And Llewyn Davis should be nominated for Best Actor. He was desperately heartbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment